Painting x Jewellery Making: Silhouette Necklace Workshop
Learn how to paint your own silhouette and transform it into a jewellery piece! Participants will learn to paint their own unique silhouette from illustrator, Wai Wai, and learn how to use jewllery making techniques from jewellery designer, Ronald Chan, to transform the silhouette into a wearable necklace with changeable backgrounds.
Finished Product: One Silhouette Necklace
About The Instructor
Wai Wai is a Hong Kong illustrator, artist and silhouette artist born and raised in Yau Ma Tei. Graduated from the City University of Hong Kong with a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Media in 2012, major in Film. In recent years, she has devoted herself to illustration, iron gate painting, mural painting, teaching and silhouette work. In June 2020, Wai Wai’s mural on 618 Shanghai Street was selected as a finalist of the World Illustration Awards 2020.
Loupe Residency Designer – Ronald Chan
Ronald Chan is a Toronto/Hong Kong-based designer and artist, graduated with his undergraduate degree in Material Art and Design (Jewellery) from Ontario College of Art and Design University in 2015. Having delved into both the accuracy from digital design and traditional fabrication, he combines these two techniques to produce highly detailed and narrative jewellery for his own brand. His brand Devil Claw Jewellery is completed with dynamic, narrative and individual meanings through the symbolic elements and storytelling in his jewellery.
* Price includes material cost.
* Participants are required to print their tickets or show their e-tickets after enrollment.
* Please arrive 15 mins before the session and register at our reception.
* Upon registering for any of Loupe's workshops or courses, you will automatically become a Loupe member.
* By participating in this event, you agree that all photos or videos are taken for documentation purposes for all workshops and activities at Loupe. The photos/videos taken/recorded will also be used on social media or for publicity purposes without prior notification to participants. The ownership and intellectual property rights of such photos or videos shall belong to Loupe.