APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 ENTRY NOW OPEN
About Loupe's Design Residency Programme
Loupe's Design Residency Programme is a comprehensive mentoring programme with industry experts from the established Chow Tai Fook Jewellery, specially created for jewellery designers who wish to elevate their career and skills to the next level. During the period of mentorship, designers-in-residence can expect to develop their skills and capabilities in jewellery design in the fully-equipped environment at Loupe.
Please note that there are two types of application procedures. Both local and International designers can sign up for selected periods by filling in the application form at the bottom of this page. Make sure you select the right period and application category (local designer is based in Hong Kong and international designers is based outside of Hong Kong)
- Possesses a creative portfolio that shows imagination, experimentation and ambition, and displays a profound interest in commercial jewellery design
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Arts or Design. For local designers graduated in Hong Kong other relevant and/or similar qualifications are accepted.
- While there is no strict upper age limit, this programme is designed for designers aged 35 and below
- An outgoing and amiable personality, and demonstrates willingness to interact with visitors of Loupe
- Demonstrates ability to organise events and workshops as they may be required to do so during their residency period at Loupe
- Fluent in English
- Free workspace with essential equipment at a prime working location in Hong Kong
- An opportunity to sell your jewellery pieces in Loupe's Boutique
- Marketing and promotion of your jewellery brand
- A comprehensive mentorship programme that includes:
- Technical and skills support
- Networking events organised by Loupe
- Sharing sessions by specialists from Chow Tai Fook
- Coverage of return airfares and housing expenses for International designers who are not based in Hong Kong
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.
Loupe only accepts applications from designers through our online application system and applications are officially open. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Available Residency Periods for Jewellery Designers
1. 4 March 2020 - 3 September 2020 (6 months)
Local Designers : Application Deadline by 3 January 2020
International Designers : Application Deadline by 9 December 2019
2. Sep 2020 - Mar 2021 (6 months)
Local Designers : Application Deadline by 7 July 2020
International Designers : Application Deadline by 5 May 2020
* Please fill out the form in English.